- Committees & Commissions
- Parks & Recreation Committee
Parks & Recreation Committee
- First Wednesday of the month
- City Hall
1880 Main Street (unless otherwise noted)
Special meeting notices are posted on the community bulletin board in the City Hall vestibule. Notices are posted at least three days in advance of the meeting.
- Committee Member Emem Akpan - 616-581-1297
- Committee Member Kathy Freiermuth - 651-261-1504
- Committee Member Heidi Grahek - 651-226-4399
- Committee Member Jessica Kubat - 763-458-2601
- Committee Member Brian Peterson - 651-793-7432
- Committee Member Suzanne Seeley
- Vacant Seat
- Council Liaison Council Member King - 651-426-2973
- Alternate: Vacant Seat
Agendas & Meetings
View recent and past agendas and minutes.
The Parks Committee is the advisory body to the City Council regarding the development, maintenance and operation of parks, recreation, and open space programs in the City. Parks Committee is made up of volunteers who value and provide adequate, useful, and attractive parks and open areas to promote public health and fitness, provide for leisure activities, maintain property values, and sustain a high quality of life in the community.
The Parks and Recreation Committee's Mission Statement is as follows:
"To improve the quality of life for the citizens of Centerville by providing green space for a variety of year-round programs, leisure time activities and community special events that contribute to the physical, social and emotional well-being of citizens of all ages."
For more information on the Parks Committee please contact Teresa Bender at 651-792-7933.
Group Volunteer Opportunities are Welcome
The Centerville Parks and Recreation Committee welcomes the opportunity to work with your group to design and implement volunteer activities within the Centerville community.
There is a wide range of group volunteer activities possible:
- Spring cleanup of parks and trails.
- Caring for community trees
- Building park structures such as playground additions or birdhouses.
- Developing community education opportunities.
We also welcome new ideas or areas of special interest that your group might have. We'd love to hear from you.
Volunteers must be at least 16 years old unless volunteering as a team with an adult.
For more information, please call City Hall at 651-429-3232 or contact one of the Parks and Recreation Committee Members.